on February 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM
It's time I made some of the Faio rules clear. Although I have posted rules in the forums and chat area, so far there hasn't been any general rules for private messaging and comments. Until now.
Be sure to check back every once in a while, as these rules may change over time.
- No private information sharing. This includes Cities, E-mails, and social networking links. If you are under 13, this is illegal; if you are over 13, you are still breaking Faio's rules and you will lose your membership. Many of you list your city on your profile as your location, doing so is breaking this rule. List your country/state instead. [Or planet ;)]
- No offensive language. This includes swearing and insulting, as well as using God's name in vain. After all, Faio is mostly a Christian community.
- No link sharing without permission. Whether it's a Youtube link, or your own personal website, it must be approved by the Faio admin. [Wait...that's me :)] This rule is only enforced in the chat room and comment areas; links are OK in the forums because they are monitored more closely.
- Those under 13 MUST use Faio only with a parent. It's not just a Faio rule, it's the LAW. Any website in the United States with communication features [like that comment area below] apply to this law. NOTE: Having special permission from your parents is the only exception. You must explain to them about the comment, chat, and forum features and they must fully understand what you are doing on here. Read more about creating an underage account here.
- No flooding/spamming. Don't post a bunch of times, and only post if you really have something important to say.
Breaking a rule may result in a loss of membership on Faio, depending on the severity.
Please notify me immediately if you witness someone breaking a rule. [Especially if they private message you.]
These rules basically only apply to those who comment, and those who are members. If you just come to Faio to listen to free episodes, you are not affected...so....